Author, Career + Entrepreneurial Coach
An optimistic pragmatist, Kristin Schuchman offers career coaching that challenges clients to create careers and businesses that provide both meaning and balance. Blending branding expertise with a counselor’s understanding of human behavior, Kristin enjoys working with visionaries willing to break rules to blaze dynamic paths and leave their unique impression on the world. She believes that websites should not only look attractive but also attract ideal clients.
A certified business coach and member of the Forbes Coaching Council, Kristin has helmed successful businesses for more than twenty years, including the award-winning Nervy Girl magazine. She owns a career consulting practice called Spark a Career and a coworking space called Brightside Space. Kristin is available for speaking engagements and coaching and can be reached at email@example.com. She lives in Portland with her husband and two kids and two tabby cats.
How to redirect a career that has stalled, lost direction or reached a crossroads
Available for pre-order and slated for release in November 2021.
Even before a global pandemic caused millions of people to seriously reconsider the importance of a healthy work-life balance, research suggested that at least half of all people were unhappy in their work. For the creative or mission-driven individual, the pursuit of an engaging, well-compensated career can be particularly challenging. Many feel stuck in the wrong career or have fallen out of love with their employer. Others need to re-enter the workforce after a prolonged absence but are not certain where to start.
Jump Start helps career changers put clear steps in place, take action and move forward in a career that is truly engaging and meaningful. Comparing your career transition to a satisfying road trip, Jump Start offers a ten-step approach to help you:
• Clear up confusion about your career
• Reconnect with long-forgotten interests and sources of inspiration
• Determine if you are an entrepreneur or an employee (or both)
• Put a realistic plan in place that generates forward momentum
• Craft resumes and cover letters that garner results
• Prepare effectively for interviews and networking opportunities
• Use social media tools like LinkedIn to search for jobs and stand out among competitors
• Plan a business or side hustle if an entrepreneurial path feels right
• Create a career that works for your life, lets you feel like you, and takes you where you want to go
Media inquiries can be directed to:
Spark a Career
"A mighty flame follows a tiny spark."
6018 SE Stark St.
Portland, OR 97215